Project Manager, Power and Dams, Denver
- Denver, CO
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized Power and Dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities.
Stantec delivers best in class project delivery through professional project management - executing exceptionally for clients around the globe. Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to lead interesting and iconic projects as part of our successful Power and Dams (P&D) business operations in the western US. Our existing P&D operation has a multidisciplinary staff that specializes in the planning, design, construction management, and ongoing operations of P&D including:
Conventional hydropower - All types of dams - Pumped storage hydropower - Tunnels
The position will be located in our office in Denver, Colorado.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing new and existing projects, developing solutions to project challenges, and managing a multi-disciplinary staff for successful completion of projects. The individuals will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms. Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Personally pursue and serve as a project manager for projects, managing scope, schedule, budget, quality and risk in compliance with Stantec PM requirements.
- Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
- Maintain and enhance our reputation with clients, approval agencies and industry professionals as an outstanding service provider.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards.
- Exercise initiative in addressing problem situations and resolve most project delivery related matters.
- Coordinate with business leaders to implement corrective actions for distressed projects (when required)
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams on proposals, planning studies, feasibility through final designs, and construction services projects.
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project objectives.
- Manage contract tasks, track and manage costs and schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget utilizing established project management procedures within Stantec.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Grow internal and external networks to enhance Stantec reputation and identify additional talent to join our team.
- Provide mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions.
- Develop Client relationships to facilitate project activities.
- Promote collaboration and teamwork across business lines and geographies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning, and executing projects from pursuit through closeout, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors.
- Demonstrated successful experience in client service management.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leadership, including defining and setting the direction for a team, and project; strategy development; change management; and corporate stewardship.
- Demonstrated successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
- Demonstrated successful experience in project earned value management, including analysis of cost and schedule variances, development of bottoms-up estimates to complete, and analysis of estimates at completion to ensure successful project management during all project stages.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem solving, and risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel to other offices as well as to project sites will be required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years' relevant experience in project management preferably for large engineering, design, and construction projects for energy, hydropower and/or dams sectors.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences. (Master's Degree is a plus)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is strongly preferred. (P.E. license is a plus)
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003PJ
Back to top