Project Manager, Power
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
As an Owner's Representative Project Manager you will lead and motivate a team of managers and employees in the day-to-day management of all project aspects, which includes; safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, proposals, estimates, documentation turnover, client relations/management, and field staff. You will also follow through with the other duties required to execute Engineer Procure Construct (EPC), Construction Management, Construction, and Program Management projects. You will be responsible for overall project execution and successful completion of safe projects on time and within budget. You should have experience in the Transmission and Distribution / Electric Power Industry with knowledge of the competitors, suppliers, and subcontractors in that space.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and participate in project planning, scheduling, estimating, cost development, and establishing critical project objectives utilizing knowledge gained in previous T&D / Electric Power Industry experience.
- Provides leadership and guidance in multiple facets of projects including safety, quality, engineering, procurement, construction, environmental compliance, project controls, and public/community relations.
- Lead and coordinate directly with engineering to establish development and distribution of engineering deliverables per project schedule and requirements.
- Develop new and manage existing client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Develop new and manage existing subcontractor relationships based on previous experience in the T&D / Electric Power Industry.
- Implement the Project Execution Plan, including engineering, procurement, and construction execution, the quality assurance plan, safety & health plan, subcontracting plan, project staffing plan, organization chart, and procurement plan. Includes training of new project team members on the PEP.
- Analyze and communicate project status, risks, schedule and costs to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage downstream contract administration including Request For Information (RFI's), submittals, change management, contract closeout, and claims mitigation.
- Analyze and approve internal and external reports including project scheduling, budgeting, cash flow forecast, and project status reports.
- Manage and audit the project documentation (including daily construction field reports) and filing systems.
- Work with construction project manager, superintendents and site manager to verify compliance of subcontractors and client contractors with contract documents, safety & health requirements, quality, and schedule.
- Adhere to Stantec and Client safety programs, training and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Create and oversee project non-conformance reporting process.
- Support Client Program Manager as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Expert in the review, negotiation, approval, and execution of prime contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Strong experience with document control, scheduling, cost control, and project management software is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Multiple years of experience on construction project sites or executing program management in the T&D / Electric Power Industry
- History of leading projects through collaborative approach
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, Program Management or other.
A minimum of 10 years relevant project management experience in the T&D / Electric Power Industry.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-California-Walnut Creek
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000WA
Back to top