Project Manager (P3/Design Build)
Your Opportunity Projects, when successfully delivered, can strengthen client organizations and the communities they serve. By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our business, technical, and project management experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives-without surprises. We've managed thousands of projects across all sectors, including buildings like hospitals, airports, retail malls, offices and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit, highways and water treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments like mines and wind farms.
Our Programs and Business Solutions (PBS) team is looking for an Intermediate to Senior level Project Management professional with P3 and design-build experience to oversee and manage the design and contractual obligations of our design teams during pursuit and project phases.
Your Duties We have a new career opportunity in our downtown Vancouver office for an Intermediate to Senior level Project Manager. Project assignments will primarily include complex P3 and design-build projects, providing project management services to lead Stantec's design teams through alternate project delivery pursuits and projects.
In this role, you will focus on managing project activities, expectations, and risk, while leading, supporting, and advising design teams and clients throughout all stages of the project life cycle. You will have a sound knowledge of the construction industry, project management functions, tools and systems and be able to prioritize and work on multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Actively lead and manage complex capital P3 and design-build projects, providing project management services to lead Stantec's design teams through alternate project delivery pursuits and projects;
- Liaise with various design and specialty consultants to ensure coordination and advancement of deliverables to meet objectives and contractual obligations within established deadlines;
- Review and process proposed design changes and contract change orders for impact to project scope and contractual obligations;
- Ensure project deliverables align with quality and client requirements;
- Maintain a day-to-day working relationships with clients;
- Lead and direct the project team and ensure adequate project staffing to support project work;
- Prepare, monitor, and control resourced work plans and schedules for the bid, design, and construction phase of P3 and design-build project;
- Lead regular design team meetings to communicate upcoming deadlines and priorities and ensure coordination across disciplines;
- Develop and prepare project summaries, justifications, and reports to communicate with the client on behalf of the design team;
- Prepare regular project status reports to communicate progress, provide schedule and budget updates, and identify risks and mitigation strategies;
- Mentor project control and coordination staff in document control and other project coordination activities to increase capacity and foster advancement of staff into assistant Project Manager and Project Manager roles;
- Raise PBS's profile as a center of excellence for P3 and design-build project delivery; and
- Prepare proposals, carry out business development, and win work on behalf of PBS.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- An Engineering, Architecture, Project Management, Business Management, Construction Management (or related discipline) degree or diploma with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience that demonstrates increasing project management responsibilities across one or more of the various sectors and business areas but must include architectural buildings and/or infrastructure projects (such as transportation, municipal, water and wastewater treatment);
- Demonstrated experience managing P3 and design-build capital projects in excess of $200 million or design projects with labour fees in excess of $5 million;
- Proven ability to achieve success in P3 and design-build projects throughout the pursuit and project phases;
- Solid knowledge of project management best practices, processes, and procedures, with an emphasis on design team management;
- Proven ability to establish and oversee project control procedures on projects;
- Sound understanding of contract law, scheduling techniques, budget development, and risk management;
- Experience managing projects through construction phase and with site experience considered an asset;
- Direct experience with P3 and design-build projects related to buildings and/or infrastructure projects;
- Technical knowledge related to the design and construction of buildings and/or infrastructure projects;
- A strategic thinker with proactive problem resolution ability;
- Effective and clear communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability to work in a team environment;
- A proven ability to market the profession of program and project management; and
- A professional designation and/or PMP preferred.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top