Project Manager, Owner's Representative (Healthcare)
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking an individual to act as Owner's Representative Project Manager for the design and construction of multiple healthcare and/or higher education projects. This opportunity is flexible on location, to be based out of the Sacramento, Walnut Creek, San Francisco, San Jose or similar area office.
As a Project Manager, you will have significant experience working with OSPHD on healthcare facility construction projects as well as a strong background in high level budgeting and cost validation. You will work on projects that are in various phases and range from conceptual planning stages through design, construction and occupancy, with varying complexities and total project costs of several Million to $100M .
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist Owner in the RFP and contractor selection process.
- Manage multiple healthcare, higher education or commercial expansion projects as an Owner's Representative.
- Management of the approved scope, budget and schedule is of utmost importance.
- Communicate daily with the client and project team.
- Lead the Design Team consisting of the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner, and other consultants on behalf of the Owner.
- Provide day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Lead the Construction Team on behalf of the Owner.
- Develop, track, update, forecast, and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Review and track all contracts, invoices and payments to all contractors, consultants and equipment vendors.
- Prepare monthly reports to Owner and Executive Leadership.
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Understand and assist in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project.
- Assist and help manage/coordinate move and occupancy activities.
- Review and approve all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Prepare reports to project executive or principal.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Project Management experience in buildings sector for design-build and/or construction of healthcare, higher education, commercial buildings.
- Ability to interact well with internal clients, external clients, as well as in the field with subcontractors.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in estimating, scheduling, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software.
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications.
- General understanding of design and construction process and requirements.
- Prior Project Management experience working on large scale ($50M ) healthcare projects.
- Recent OSHPD experience in California.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or similar.
- 3 - 5 years' experience as Project Manager / Owner's Representative required.
- 10 years of relevant experience preferred.
- 5 years of Healthcare Buildings project experience preferred.
- 5 years of estimating experience preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Other Locations: United States-California-San Jose, United States-California-Walnut Creek, United States-California-Fresno, United States-California-San Francisco
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002BN
Back to top