Project Manager, Owner's Rep (Buildings, Healthcare Sector)
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking a Project Manager or Project Director to be based out of our New York, NY office, to be responsible for projects located in Westchester County, NY. You will work as Owner's Representative onsite for Healthcare sector within our Buildings business.
A Project Manager (PM) is detail-oriented, organized, dependable, resourceful, who is able to perform well under the pressure of deadlines. Exhibiting the ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment, and manage multiple tasks over an extended period of time, he/she demonstrates leadership qualities, the ability to speak clearly and persuasively, possessing an ability to work well with others. This individual is able to identify open items, determine their impact on the critical path of a development project with an proven ability to resolve same in a timely manner. They gather and analyze information skillfully understanding how to maintain the confidence of the project team at all levels . A PM acts as an ambassador of the company with clients, consultants and his/her peers. Further, this individual shall possess the ability and the willingness to ensure the financial success of the project and of the company through prudent management of all resources and judicious oversight. The PM is responsible for the day to day operation of assigned project(s) in support of the Project Director/Executive.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage projects within the Healthcare Sector.
- Directly manage activities of generally 10-25 project team members.
- Manage projects generally valued from $15MM-$100MM, including both renovations and new/out of the ground.
- Manage multiple healthcare expansion projects as an Owner’s Representative.
- Provide day-to-day management of operations maintaining a clear understanding of objectives with the client and project team.
- Direct, on a daily basis, design/construction teams including the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner, Contractor and other consultants working directly for Owner, on behalf of the Owner.
- Prepare as needed and delegate when appropriate, meeting notes by the responsible party for distribution to the project team on a consistent basis. Maintain accountability for delivery of assigned commitments.
- Prepare reoccurring deliverables for the purpose of reporting project scope, budget and schedule. Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project in accordance with Owner’s reporting structure.
- Organize and implement procedures for timely review and approval of all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors, based on Owner’s needs.
- Prepare a Monthly Report to client, based on input from the project team. Participate in the presentation of scope, budget and schedule to client.
- Assign responsibility of plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Building Application and Certificate of Need (CON) process in New York State including applicable codes.
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project and follow up on the execution of proposed strategy. Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Manage/coordinate move and occupancy activities with project team.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 5-10+ years’ experience managing projects and leading project teams.
- Healthcare sector experience related to design and construction of buildings.
- Bachelors degree in related field, such as Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or Business, or equivalent degree.
- Ability to logically and creatively analyze and manage the project budget.
- Understanding of preconstruction/project development process and requirements.
- Understanding of contracts (negotiations, language, and requirements).
- Demonstrated ability to lead project team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
Back to top