Project Manager, MEP
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
The Project Manager-MEP applies buildings mechanical engineering principles, superior client service skills, and project management best practices to deliver projects that meet project requirements, exceed client expectations, and meet project financial and other objectives. This individual welcomes opportunities and challenges within a project and brings consulting skills into each client interaction. The Project Manager adds value while helping differentiate Stantec from other firms and position itself as a top tier design firm in the industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Successfully manages projects and tasks of a scope, complexity and revenue budget appropriate to experience
- Applies buildings engineering and project management knowledge while leading multi-discipline resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets.
- Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer, mentor and resource.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
- Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Applies strong mechanical engineering skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
- Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation, drawings, and calculations required for mechanical engineering projects.
- May periodically act as QC reviewer on projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Professional Engineering License is required for this position.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Ability to manage clients, projects, fee, scope and teams to achieve budget, schedule and deliverable objectives while meeting key stakeholder critical success factors.
Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in related field plus 10 years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
Experience designing HVAC and plumbing systems for the built environment.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Req ID: 190002FO
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top