Project Manager (Marine Outfall)
Stantec Qatar is currently seeking a Project Manager for the South Wakrah project.
The scope of this project includes the design of the main strategic storm water network (i.e. tunnels), a large deep pumping station and a marine outfall.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee investigations, concept and detailed designs for civil/ water/ wastewater infrastructure
• Review data collection and analysis for conceptual planning and design, prepare design drawings and specifications, and solve design problems as required.
• Review field investigations to collect design information.
- Manage preparation of technical specifications, tendering and contract administration.
• Engineering analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications, and drawings on projects
• Manage project activities through the application of technical engineering planning, principles and techniques
• Review project deliverables including writing technical reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
• Determine budgets, timelines and cost estimates for project design and construction.
- Collaboration and working as part of a team.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
- Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
- Other duties as requested from time to time by the Principal Civil Engineer.
Project Manager (Marine Outfall)
• Minimum B.Sc. Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Chartered (CEng, PE or equivalent)
• Minimum 25 years experience
• Excellent command English both written and spoken.
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives.
• Strong team working capabilities. Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in co-ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
•The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
•Excellent computer skills.
•A customer-focused approach, possessing impressive communication skills.
•The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives and the capabilities to meet tight deadlines.
•Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
•A proactive approach, working effectively in co-ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
•Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to Stantec policies, procedures and working practices.
•A flexible approach to working hours and travel.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Qatar - Qatar
Back to top