Project Manager, Land Surveyor
- Fort Myers, FL
Accurate data is the top priority for our Geomatics team. Through our work, we measure, process, and analyze spatial data and define land boundaries. We provide our clients a full range of Geomatics, surveying, and mapping services. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done safer, better, faster, and smarter.
We are looking for a Survey Project Manager to help our growing Fort Myers market! You will perform public record research and calculations to resolve property boundaries and rights of way; will review survey technician's work and serve as the Project Manager on various sized survey projects. You will also assist in crew scheduling for multiple crews and help prepare crews for their field work. The Project Manager may be required to work in the field on occasion and make sure equipment is maintained, repaired and calibrated as well as assist and/or prepare construction staking calculations and reports.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final map checking, abstracting title data, record drawings research, and client relations.
- Sign and seal survey documents.
- Monitors projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients on technical matters.
- Works directly with project team members, to include other registered surveyors, engineers, and technical and survey staff.
- Writes descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases, or other legal documents.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requires advanced knowledge of local survey laws, surveying principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards, and safety precautions.
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced skills in survey processing software.
- Well-developed understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of survey work.
- Working knowledge of relevant technical software including AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of field instrumentation, GPS, and robotic total stations.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Demonstrates strong math skills, including algebra and trigonometry.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Geomatics, Surveying or related field.
- Licensed by state/province in Land Surveying or equivalent Licensure.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Land Surveying Professional
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Fort Myers
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900038U
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top