Project Manager, Land Development
Your Opportunity: The Stantec community unites more than 22,000 specialists working in over 400 locations. Our work-professional consulting in planning, engineering, architecture, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties: Our Reno, NV office is looking for a Project Manager for our Community Development practice area. This individual will be responsible for the schedule, budget, contract and client interaction for large, complex land development and public works projects. Will provide clear direction to complete a project. Is responsible for project quality control. Has a strong understanding of the overall project development and design process; has extensive project management experience.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organizes and supervises the work of a technical team in the planning, design, processing and construction support of civil engineering projects.
- Supervises the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, cost estimates and preliminary and final reports for public works and land development projects.
- Performs project management duties on major engineering projects including client and sub consultant coordination; makes presentations to city council and boards when necessary; attends client meetings; visits job sites.
- Responsible for project budgets, estimates, cost controls and schedules.
- Responsible for project quality control.
- Manages and controls sub consultant contracts.
- Organizes and maintains project files; prepares monthly billing.
- Prepares job proposals and attends proposal interviews.
- Stamp/signs construction plans and technical reports.
- Conducts performance appraisals; assists in the hiring of staff; and is responsible for staff development and disciplinary actions.
- Performs marketing of clients, negotiating with client and/or on behalf of client, etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 6-10 years of project management experience; including ability to organize and supervise work of other engineers, designers and draftsmen.
- 10+ years of professional engineering experience designing land development and municipal infrastructure projects with thorough knowledge of grading, roadway, drainage/flood control, water and wastewater system design.
- Must be well organized and possess the ability to work efficiently in a steady to fast-paced environment where high quality of work and adhering to deadlines are key to the success of the team.
- Thorough understanding of the overall development and plan preparation process; knowledge of plan approval and processing requirements.
- Excellent organizational, coordination, and managerial skills necessary to maintain project deliverables, schedules, and budgets.
- Excellent verbal communication, and "people" skills within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong ability to develop business and promote business relationships.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCad Civil 3D and drainage software required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office software (word, excel) and Microsoft outlook.
- Excellent technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, letters and technical specifications.
- Valid Nevada Professional Engineer Registration required; additional California license is a plus.
- Possess valid driver's license and good driving record.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top