Project Manager - Infrastructure
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity As a senior contributor on our professional consulting services team, you will with a team on large civil infrastructure projects of high complexity, and as a leader of a team or project through all phases of a project lifecycle including dams and levees, transportation, infrastructure projects, and water and wastewater projects. The position will include work supporting business development and delivery of studies and proposals. You are responsible for developing and implementing an engineering discipline group equipped with up-to-date engineering and design tools and innovations, technical and supervisory capabilities and operating procedures to successfully and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client satisfaction and on-time delivery. You will also direct the scope and integration of work assigned to subcontracted design entities. Your Key Responsibilities
- Manages civil projects completely, including the managing of client relationships and bringing in new clients.
- Responsible for the review and sealing of projects.
- Supervises the work of other engineers.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Responsible for invoicing, managing and monitoring financial performance of project budgets using PM dashboard access.
- Performs on technically complex projects and acts as a technical resource by providing guidance to other team members.
- Liaise with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals.
- Stays up to date on regulatory changes and may establish working relationships with regulatory officials.
- May write and negotiate proposals as project issues arise with clients or reviewing agencies.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Efficient project management of multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Understands client expectations, budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing and collecting accounts receivable.
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Mentoring and professional development of other personnel
- Proficient in relevant design software, which may include AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, StormCAD, WaterCAD, and PondPack.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top