Project Manager, Information Communication Technology
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity Stantec is currently looking for a skilled Project Manager in Van Nuys, CA who possesses a deep understanding and knowledge of various technology systems for the built environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Telecommunication services - Voice, Data and Video transport systems
- Electronic Security systems - Audio Visual Systems - Nurse Call/Communication systems
- The successful Project Manager will demonstrate a "client first" approach in developing key relationships. This individual strategically evaluates opportunities and challenges and incorporates well-developed consulting and technical skills into each client interaction.
- Successfully manages projects and tasks of a scope, complexity and revenue budget appropriate to experience.
- Consult with clients on analysis of present technologies and develop solutions to client operational needs. Includes both strategic planning and development of long range plans, as well as recommend near-term improvements to existing voice and data communications systems.
- Prepare written recommendations and reports to clients.
- Applies buildings engineering and project management knowledge while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
- Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Applies strong technical skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
- Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation and drawings for ICT projects.
- Maintains a holistic view of complex technical solutions being designed and implemented by teams of engineers.
- Provides site inspection and implementation management for technology systems.
- May represent clients in communications with government agencies, commercial organizations and healthcare organizations.
- Periodically acts as QC reviewer on projects.
- Data/Wireless Network topologies With this knowledge, s/he provides design leadership translating client and owner requirements into the production of drawings, specifications, cost opinions, technical reports and assessments. This individual possesses extensive Project Management experience and understanding of the different design delivery processes found in the Architectural/ Engineering/ Construction industry. This person will be part of the Technology Group in the Portland office and is a part of multi-disciplined design teams for various sized projects in several markets, including Healthcare, Higher Education, Commercial and Government/Military. Excellent client communication and relationship skills are required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Work experience which demonstrates equivalent experience in technology analysis and design that includes writing, communications skills, and public speaking may be substituted on a year for year basis
- Four to Six years general experience in the analysis, design, installation, maintenance and/or repair of systems, systems or directly related systems is required
- RCDD, CCNA, PE, CTS, PMP, etc, certifications are preferred
- Experience in healthcare technology, biomedical engineering/clinical engineering is highly desirable
- AUTOCAD, Revit or similar drafting software experience is also desirable.
- Experience in the site development, equipment manufacturing or construction industry and/or familiarity with construction processes
- Deep understanding and knowledge of, voice/data systems, low voltage systems for the built environment, IT/telecommunications, wireless systems, electronic security systems and audio visual systems
- Demonstrated expertise in planning, design, and optimization of complex networks in a variety of healthcare, enterprise and government environments
- Fluent in best practice design techniques and planning methodology
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and Technology standards (NEC, BICSI, TIA, etc.)
- Skill in researching and writing technical papers and reports and effectively communicating the information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills and client or customer service experience/skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and oral form and able to comprehend complex oral and written direction
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design
- Ability to explain complex problems and issues in understandable terms to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding and experience with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Meets or exceeds project goals and expectations and project performance metrics.
- Travel is required to meet engagement/client requirements. Travel scope may include regional, national or international based on the contracted requirements. Independent travel is required, with travel comprising up to 25% of the work month.
Education and Experience Four year degree in related field - Telecommunications, Information Technology or Electrical Engineering is highly desirable
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top