Project Manager - Hospitality
Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec is currently seeking a full time, licensed Project Manager - Hospitality based out of our Chicago, IL office, formally VOA. Reporting to the Hospitality Market Leader, the Project Manager will be responsible for the success of new construction and renovation projects within our Hospitality Studio. The Project Manager will possess a demonstrated ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project, especially the design process.
Your Duties: Design:
- Offers and supports creative design decisions that are in line with project goals and understands their impact on cost, construction, sustainability and other factors
- Adheres to established internal and external sustainability requirements
- Excels in the art, understanding and approach to documenting how the project is to be constructed
- Understands relationship between design goals and technical constraints and executes accordingly
- Adheres to our BIM, graphic, and project management (project checklist) standards
- Leads, coordinates and is accountable for the activities of project staff; inspires and motivates; assigns decision making tasks and work functions to appropriate individuals
- Responsible for management of the internal project team and the external project consultant team
- Provides direction and feedback to help employees succeed on the project and to develop professionally; ensures individuals needing special attention receive it
- Represents Stantec and is responsible for all communications with the client for the duration of the project; understands the client's organization, key people, sensitivities, issues, expectations, etc.
- Communicates with Stantec senior leaders and accounting representatives relative to project status and performance
- Provides marketing support, including proposal and presentation preparation/presentation
- Prepares and enforces the contract representing the written expression of the client's expectations and the firm's commitments, including scope, schedule, fee and goals
- Solicits and encourages input from entire team consistent with search for the best solution
- Sets project sustainability requirements and tracks accordingly
- Understands and implements best practices as described in our PM Manual
- Responsible for invoicing, payments and accounts receivable tracking with accounting
- Sets and maintains the project schedule and communicates to the broader team
- Ensures project is meeting QA/QC standards; ensures required sign off and client approvals occur
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Minimum of 12 - 15 years related architecture experience, with a significant amount of hospitality experience (new construction and renovation)
- A degree in Architecture at an accredited institution
- Must be a Licensed Architect
- A general working knowledge of Revit, SketchUp and other industry accepted software, in depth knowledge preferred
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of accounting and management software
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top