Project Manager - Healthcare
Projects, when successfully delivered, can strengthen client organizations and the communities they serve. By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our business, technical, and project management experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives-without surprises. We've managed thousands of projects across all sectors, including buildings like hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments like mines and wind farms. Join a team of program and project management specialists that's passionate about achieving predictable project outcomes for clients and communities.
Your Duties: A Project Manager is detail-oriented, organized, dependable, resourceful, and able to perform well under the pressure of deadlines with the ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple tasks over an extended period of time. He/she demonstrates leadership qualities and the ability to work well with all levels of associates. This individual is able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and maintain confidentiality at all levels. A PM acts as an ambassador of the company with clients, consultants and his/her peers. A PM possesses both the ability and the willingness to ensure the financial success of the project and of the company through prudent management of all resources and judicious oversight. The PM is responsible for the day to day operation of assigned project(s) in support of the Project Director/Executive. A PM accepts the concept that the position is not limited to a 40-hour week.
REPORTS TO: Project Director/Executive
SUPERVISES: Assistant Project Manager(s)
- Healthcare Sector
- Directly managing activities of generally 10-25 project team members.
- Project size range generally $5m-$50m - both renovations and new/out of the ground.
- Utilize Project Management tools in the execution of project administration.
- Manage and communicate the daily progress of design and construction phases of a project, using Microsoft Project schedules, Project Cost Software and other necessary tools.
- Take ownership and maintain full accountability for the success of the project.
- Create complete project budgets.
- Create schedules with all relevant events and understand their relationships.
- Train PM's in creating schedules, budgets, and team management.
- Present budgets, schedules and events to clients.
- Work with Director of Operations regarding project staffing.
- Monitor team progress.
- Monitor profitability - fee utilization against contract value.
Design, Production, and Construction
- Direct the design process, assuring design progress is consistent with client intent for program, quality, budget and schedule.
- Review, negotiate, and approve consultant, construction manager and contractor Schedules of Values breakdown for all work.
- Manage, track and execute requested scope changes and changes order requests.
- Review proposed designs and specifications, and advise on construction feasibility and procedures, selection and availability of materials, time requirements, procurement and construction activities, selection of systems and components, site use and claims avoidance.
Accounting and Financial Affairs
- Review and approve all invoices on behalf of client.
- Review and approve project invoices and payment requests such that payments are consistent with work completed.
Legal and Contractual
- Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Coordinate insurance requirements.
- Develop familiarity with contract terms and provisions.
Marketing, Networking and Recruiting
- Develop and maintain relationships with client, consultants and project team.
- Introduce prospective new recruits to hiring manager, as needed.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Healthcare sector experience related to design and construction is required.
- 3-7 years' experience as a project manager.
- Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Facilities Management, Business, or equivalent degree.
- Comprehension and understanding of plans and specifications.
- Understanding of design and construction process and requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
We put people first, and it shows. We're proud to be one of New York's Best Places to Work, as named by The Business Council of New York and NYS-SHRM.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top