Project Manager - Geomatics
Your Opportunity: The Earth is top of mind for our Geomatics team. On, above, and under the Earth's surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
We believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur when a company empowers its people, encourages new ideas, provides a challenge and rewards successes. Our dynamic and exciting collaborative culture will give the selected candidate the opportunity to thrive and further their career.
Our Survey/Geomatics group has an opportunity for a Project Manager to work in our Markham office.
Your Duties: - Working with Project Managers, CAD and Field staff to prepare boundary surveys, plans of subdivision, condominium plans and engineering surveys.
- Mentoring junior staff in respect to proper survey methodologies and techniques.
Quality control of survey plans and field work.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, recommending and implementing procedures to improve productivity and quality.
- Assist in the expansion of the Survey/Geomatics group's growth.
- Contribute to the group's collective professional experience.
- Project Management duties and Client interaction as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: - Preferred candidates will be licensed as an Ontario Land Surveyor (OLS) with a degree from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant surveying experience in Project Management, Client Management and Team Leadership.
- Experience in transportation, environmental and industrial sectors is considered an asset.
- Practical knowledge of modern surveying technology - Total Stations and GPS is required.
- Minimum 2 years experience and proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D/Land Development Desktop and MicroStation CAD is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and expertise in building client relationships are also essential requirements for the role.
- Working as a strong member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Familiar with all levels of surveying and Geomatics procedures, project management, and client relations.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment and your efforts will be recognized through a competitive compensation program.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top