Project Manager, Environmental Services
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Calgary (25th Street) office is currently seeking a Project Manager to work with the pipeline team in our Assessment Permitting and Compliance group. The position will manage projects for all stages of a project's lifecycle including approval requirements, construction support, and post-construction support. Projects will focus on small to large-scale provincial and federal pipeline and facilities projects.
This position will be part of Stantec's Environmental Services team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address environmental permitting and approval requirements, construction and post-construction report commitments, and operational maintenance of assets. Our staff members have established excellent working relationships with regulators and clients in western Canada, and our regulatory knowledge, environmental assessment experience, and scientific expertise allow us to help our clients develop the most effective approach to securing regulatory approvals.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare budgets, manage scope changes, establish schedules, and ensure that project work is carried out within agreed timeframes and on budget
- Manage all financial aspects of project execution including internal and external financial reporting
- Work directly with clients to provide strategic environmental advice and project management throughout all stages of a project's lifecycle including approval, construction, post-construction, and operational management
- Lead teams of technical environmental and engineering specialists to support the permitting process
- Create technical documents and provide a senior review of technical documents that support regulatory submissions
- Guide small to large-scale pipeline and facility projects through the assessment, application filing, post-filing, and post-approval stages; this includes technical, environmental and regulatory support
- Contribute to and lead business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with existing and prospective clients
- Support and implement Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies, procedures, standards and guidelines in the execution of all work and coordinate with HSE professionals during the execution of all phases of project planning and implementation
- Communicate and collaborate with other environmental and regulatory specialists to ensure consistency in project execution
- Develop and mentor junior and intermediate staff
- Participate in team and independent based work
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven Project Management and task management experience with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in project management, client management, and business growth
- Ability to work with initiative, professionalism and confidentiality, and able to work independently, multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of federal and western Canadian provincial regulations and permitting requirements related to pipelines
- Solid understanding of provincial and federal environmental assessment processes
- Familiar with construction practices
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability and desire to coach and mentor junior and intermediate staff
- Proficient user of Excel
- Creative problem-solver
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Field experience is an asset
Education and Experience
M. Sc. or B. Sc. in Environmental Sciences, or equivalent field of study
Minimum of 8 years of environmental and regulatory-related project management experience in pipelines and/or oil and gas facilities
Hold a PMP designation, or interest in obtaining a PMP designation is an asset
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Planner
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002OA
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top