Project Manager, Electrical Engineering
- Seattle, WA
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Stantec's Seattle office is looking for a skilled Project Manager who will be able to apply electrical engineering principals and superior client service skills to cultivate and deliver projects that exceed expectations.
Your Key Responsibilities
Project Involvement - approximately 95-97% of time
- Successfully manages projects and tasks of a scope, complexity and revenue budget appropriate to experience.
- Applies buildings engineering and project management knowledge while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets.
- Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer, mentor and resource.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
- Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Applies strong electrical engineering skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
- Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation, drawings, and calculations required for electrical engineering projects.
- May periodically act as QC reviewer on projects.
Business Development/Marketing - approximately 1-2% of time
- Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business.
- Develops and delivers project related client presentations.
Learning/Maintaining and Expanding Technical Skills - approximately 1-2% of time
- Maintains and expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
- Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
Studio and Firm meetings, initiatives, and projects - approximately 1% of time
- Attends and leads in-house project meetings.
- Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support studio and firm-wide goals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding and implementation of the principles of project management.
- Ability to manage clients, projects, fee, scope and teams to achieve budget, schedule and deliverable objectives while meeting key stakeholder critical success factors.
- Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents and documentation standards required of a Project Manager.
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Deep understanding of the following building systems: power distribution systems, lighting systems and fire/life safety systems.
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the following markets preferred: commercial, higher education, civic communities including architects, engineers, contractors, and facilities, both stakeholders and key decision-makers operating within these markets.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects.
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into projects.
- Functional knowledge of recent versions of CAD and BIM technologies; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with various construction delivery processes such as Design-Build.
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering or related field plus 8 years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- LEED Credential preferred
- Experience designing power distribution systems for the built environment.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Professional Engineering preferred, but not required.
Office Location and Schedule:
- This position exists at all Stantec BC 2048 locations, including but not limited to Seattle, Lynnwood, San Diego, and Portland. It requires an occasional presence in other offices, at project sites, and at meetings.
- Travel is required to meet engagement/client requirements. Travel scope may include regional, national, or international based on the contracted requirements. To meet this requirement, a valid drivers license and a clean driving record is necessary for this position.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the staff member is regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms. The staff member frequently is required to sit, talk and hear. The staff member is frequently required to visit and navigate existing facilities and construction sites, which often requires the ability to walk and climb. The staff member must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The staff member must occasionally operate a motor vehicle.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000002S
Back to top