Project Manager, Electrical Engineering
Your Opportunity: We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec's Seattle office is looking for a skilled Project Manager who will be able to apply electrical engineering principals and superior client service skills to cultivate and deliver projects that exceed expectations. This individual will provide expert leadership in project management and relationship skills, leading integrated design teams and their interactions with Stantec's clients.
Your Duties: The successful Project Manager will demonstrate a "client first" approach in developing key relationships. This individual strategically evaluates opportunities and challenges and incorporates well-developed consulting and technical skills into each client interaction.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following :
- Applies technical and project management expertise while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets
- Serves as a trainer, mentor, and resource to others
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables and financial performance
- Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business
- Provides client consultation; drawing on professional expertise and knowledge of Stantec's services
- Develops and delivers client presentations
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering or related field plus 5-8 years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills
- PE registration is strongly preferred
- Successful history of collaboration and teaming with electrical contractors on Design-Build projects
- Experience in the construction industry and/or in-depth knowledge of construction processes
- Understands and implements project management principles
- Ability to manage clients, projects, fees, and teams to achieve budget, schedule, and deliverable objectives
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Deep understanding and knowledge of power distribution systems, lighting systems, and low voltage systems for the built environment
- Strong knowledge of higher education, civic or commercial market sectors including architects, engineers, contractors, and facility managers operating within these markets
- Ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills
- Functional knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Travel is required to meet engagement/client requirements - may include regional, national, or international based on the contracted requirements.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top