Project Manager - Electrical Engineer
Your Opportunity: Stantec's Wall New Jersey Office is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer / Project Manager for its Electrical Engineering Group. The responsibilities include personnel management of technical staff, proposal writing and business development, project management, and technical design tasks. The design projects include; solar PV systems, buildings (MEP), parks, roadways, bridges, airports, lighting and ITS design. The position may also involve field work such as site investigations and occasional overnight travel. The ideal candidate should have prior project management/personnel management experience.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and utility companies to coordinate projects.
- Develop proposals to clients to procure new work.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary projects between several offices.
- Manage project teams ranging from 2 to 30 people.
- Organize the preparation of deliverables and documents including calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Track budgets and submit invoices to clients.
- Examine field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects.
- Handle multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
- Projects will include renewable energy systems, parks, marinas/boatyards, roadways, transportation facilities, site development projects, and electrical infrastructure design.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 5+ years of related industry experience.
- Experience managing projects with design fees of more than $150,000 and construction costs of more than $5,000,000
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited program (BS in Electrical Engineering is a plus).
- PE and PMP are a plus.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering industry.
- Thorough knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards.
- Must have general knowledge of transportation, buildings, community development and/or power construction.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Power Point.
- Strong communication skills.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top