Project Manager, Electrical
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Stantec's Sacramento office is looking for a skilled Project Manager who will be able to apply electrical engineering principals and superior client service skills to cultivate and deliver projects that exceed expectations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide expert leadership in project management and relationship skills, leading integrated design teams and their interactions with Stantec's clients.
- The successful Project Manager will demonstrate a "client first" approach in developing key relationships.
- This individual strategically evaluates opportunities and challenges and incorporates well-developed consulting and technical skills into each client interaction.
- Applies technical and project management expertise while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established time frames and budgets.
- Serves as a trainer, mentor, and resource to others.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables and financial performance.
- Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business.
- Provides client consultation; drawing on professional expertise and knowledge of Stantec's services.
- Develops and delivers client presentations.
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- OSHPD experience is preferred.
- Successful history of collaboration and teaming with electrical contractors on Design-Build projects.
- Experience in the construction industry and/or in-depth knowledge of construction processes.
- Understands and implements project management principles.
- Ability to manage clients, projects, fees, and teams to achieve budget, schedule, and deliverable objectives.
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of power distribution systems, lighting systems, and low voltage systems for the built environment.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare, civic or commercial market sectors including architects, engineers, contractors, and facility managers operating within these markets.
- Ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects.
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills - Functional knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Travel is required to meet engagement/client requirements - may include regional, national, or international based on the contracted requirements.
Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering or related field plus 5-8 years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills. PE strongly preferred. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Designer
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180000Z1
Back to top