Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties: Our Environmental Management group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, archaeology, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, and Information Management. We help our clients to identify and respond to opportunities and threats within constantly changing regulatory and corporate environments, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and governmental regulators. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that may include environmental assessment and permitting, land reclamation, ecological land classification and mapping, and water resources management.
We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the mining sector to join our team and advance their career.
Key responsibilities include:
- Meeting and communication with clients
- Management of mining related Social and Environmental Impact Assessments
- Project coordination and scheduling
- Implementation of Health and Safety protocols
- Report and proposal writing
- Subcontractor management
- Budget preparation and invoice review
- Execution of project quality assurance plan and quality control procedures
- Client liaison and business development.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or graduate degree in an environmental related discipline with at least five years of experience in project management in the mining sector
- Excellent understanding of the BC mining industry and key players in the industry; experience in Yukon, Northwest Territories, or Nunavut is beneficial with respect to the regulatory environment
- Successful BCEAO environmental assessment experience
- Successful mine permitting experience
- At least 5 years of experience in supervision of project personnel
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of project financial management
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top