Project Manager - Education - ( 2100009M )
We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration--spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-- good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
We are looking for talented Project Managers to join our Arlington, VA , Charlottesville, VA, Richmond, VA, Philadelphia PA and Washington, DC offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Project Manager is a licensed professional with responsibility for project performance in terms of design excellence, financial performance, mentorship and technical quality. The role primarily involves management of internal team and external consultants while working with the principal in charge in interfacing with the client. The Project Manager may be called upon to manage one or more projects of various complexity and scope. They are expected to have a broad set of experience and knowledge. This is a leadership role that requires oversight, guidance and mentoring of others. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain positive client relationships.
- Participate in new project pursuit activities (proposals and interviews).
- Plan and oversee preparation of documentation in various architectural phases.
- Prepare consultant agreements and oversee selection of building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.).
- Conduct field observation acting as an agent of the client and report progress of construction to the client.
- Manage and tracking of change orders, pay apps and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Determine staffing needs, recommend personnel and assist in recruiting.
- Motivate project teams.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience in the K12 and Higher Education markets strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Detailed knowledge of building construction systems means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
- Ability to oversee development of building documentation in Autodesk Revit,
- Strong experience with general software (Revit, Newforma Project Center, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, etc.)
- Ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule.
- Understanding and responsibility over project financials
Education and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of architectural license required.
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred.
- Letter of interest resume with list of representative projects, and sample of portfolio work.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Arlington
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-1779 Buildings-US Mid Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2021, 7:47:44 AM
Req ID: 2100009M
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans