Project Manager - Community Development Eng.
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
The Community Development team in Sacramento has established a strong core team and is now looking for the right team members to further expand our Community Development civil engineering services in the area. Our team supports a wide range of clients and project types and has new opportunities for talented and motivated team members / partners to lead new project opportunities.
You will help build and lead a team of professionals in the entitlement, design, construction support, and close out, of public works and site development projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects. Developing proposals and managing the approved scope, budget and schedule are a key role.
- Lead the Design Team on civil engineering related services.
- Day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Prepare project status reports on a regular basis.
- Review and approval all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Reports to Senior Project Manager.
- Assist in developing new work opportunities and building client relationships
- Responsible for the overall project performance and implementation of our project management frameworks.
- Primary point of contract and representative to internal partners and clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications.
- Strong understanding of design and construction permitting / approval process and requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and team oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Previous project management experience required.
- Local project resume and experience strongly preferred.
Education and Experience
- 6-10 years of experience in Civil Engineering
- Degree in Civil / Environmental Engineering
- Registered professional engineer
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 18000264
Back to top