Project Manager - Community Development Eng.
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Your Opportunity The Community Development team in San Bernardino has established a strong core team and is now looking for the right team members to further expand our Community Development civil engineering services and grow our presence in the Inland Empire area. Our team supports a wide range of clients and project types and has new opportunities for talented and motivated team members / partners to lead new project opportunities.
You will help build and lead a team of professionals in the entitlement, design, construction support, and close out, of public works and site development projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead the design team, including internal staff, interoffice staff, and sub-consultants to execute civil engineering related services.
- Manage multiple projects to control the approved scope, budget and schedule to produce quality deliverables to meet internal and client expectations.
- Day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client, agency, and design team.
- Primary point of contact and representative to internal partners and clients.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Prepare project status reports on a regular basis.
- Preparation of invoice instructions, review and approval all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Assist in developing new work opportunities, proposals, and building successful long-term client relationships.
- Responsible for the overall project performance and implementation of our project management frameworks.
- Reports to Sr. Associate / Office Leader.
- Excellent leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, and team oriented.
- Strong written, oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of design and construction permitting / approval process and requirements.
- Strong understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications.
- Previous project management experience required.
- Local project resume and experience strongly preferred.
- Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- 6-10 years of experience in Civil Engineering
- Degree in Civil / Environmental Engineering
- Registered professional engineer
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top