Project Manager - Commercial Tenant Improvements
MWH Constructors is seeking a Project Manager to provide management direction for small, medium, and large sized commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance projects for a large national semiconductor firm headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Projects are fast paced, detail-oriented and require a highly motivated professional with an excellent work ethic. This position requires the individual to have excellent management, verbal and written communication skills, as it will require direct interaction with the client's management team.
MWH Constructors is growing its business in the industrial and vertical construction sectors in North America. Its strategy for this growth will include an increase in resources and capabilities across the US.
Business and contract activity associated with this initiative will include:
• Commercial and industrial building design, construction, and maintenance.
• Manufacturing facility design, construction, and management.
• General maintenance for manufacturing facilities and office campuses.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Plan, organize and staff key field positions including subordinate project managers, as required.
• Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
• Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client, A/E contacts, key suppliers and subcontractors to facilitate preconstruction and construction activities.
• Manage design consultants, architects and engineers to ensure design deliverables are fit-for-purpose, cost effective and meet scope of work objectives, standards and client specifications.
• Provide management and administrative direction to on-site construction managers and superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget while meeting MWHC safety and quality standards. Investigate potentially serious situations, resolve issues and implement corrective measures.
• Represent Company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
• Manage financial aspects of contracts (proposals, contracts, invoicing, change control etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the Client.
• Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the MWHC Management Administration Plan prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided therein throughout the project.
• Assure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
• Ensure that project invoicing and payments are processed in accordance with Program policies.
• Manage Project Control functions of projects, namely procurement of materials thru Purchase Agreements and Contracts, Change Management, Cost Estimating, revenue and Cost Forecasting and Scheduling.
• Assume additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
If former Military, the following MOS codes may be applicable:
Army Corps of Engineers (12, 21, 51, 62) Series MOS
Marine Corps (1100&1300) Series MOSC
Coast Guard (700) Series MOS Air Force (3E200) Series MOS
Navy (All 5000) Series MOS
Back to top