- Elko, NV
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Elko, NV office is currently seeking a Mid-Level Project Manager for our Environmental Services Group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work in a team environment and will be responsible for managing projects, providing field support, contributing to environmental assessments, resource analysis, and environmental permitting for a variety of clients.
- Assist with proposals, project management and report writing as well as presentations to clients and agencies.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with clients and prospective clients.
- Manage project quality, budget, and schedule to meet and exceed client and regulatory agency expectations.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings during regulatory development processes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The successful candidate will have familiarity with biological field surveys and managing field teams, National Environmental Policy Act, and a background in environmental consulting is a plus. The preferred candidate will be self-motivated and possess the following attributes:
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to work in a team environment both at the local level and with remote staff
- Intermediate project management skills
- Willingness to travel
- Willingness to work long hours, as needed
- Ability to complete demanding field work
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in an environmental field (e.g. Conservation Biology, Wildlife Biology, Rangeland Ecology, etc.)
A minimum of five years of experience, including at least 3 years of project management and superior writing skills are required.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Elko
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003O6
Back to top