As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Your Opportunity We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the Oil & Gas team in our Edmonton office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Identify project resources needed and communicate needs to applicable department personnel.
- Create and execute project work plans or project execution plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Be the client interface and primary point of communication.
- Direct Project Engineers and full engineering disciplines to meet project needs.
- Review key project deliverables for technical feasibility and to ensure multi-discipline engineering documents are cohesive.
- Ensure compliance with project plan and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate the project engineering team for the execution of the design of projects.
- Establish and execute project framework to promote quality, value, timeliness, and profitability.
- Provide overall risk management reporting at the portfolio and project level. - Approve and develop DBM, Scope documents, Work Breakdown Structures, Project Code Accounts, and Framing documents.
- Coordinate key meetings or review points.
- Ensure local, provincial and federal codes and standards are being met. - Develop and refine throughout, Project Cost Estimates, including a Basis of Estimate.
- Develop, maintain, and track progress against Master Project Schedule.
- Manage Project Cost Control, budget vs. actual, and implement change management activities accordingly.
- Monitor, assess and report progress within the projects to client and develop applicable project reports accordingly.
- Track and report team hours and expenses.
- Reinforce corporate quality and safety standards.
- Oversee the implementation of corporate quality and safety standards into the projects.
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation of engineering work scope and cost estimations.
- Function as designated contract liaison with client on project contract performance and delivery.
- Perform quality assurance function for work products before they are submitted to Client.
- It is desired the candidate be a registered professional engineer and be capable of self-performing some technical and design work.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for projects
- Follow up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Provide direction to Procurement for planning: vendor selection, prepare and issue request for quotations, vendor bid evaluations and selection, equipment.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Promote the HSE program throughout all phases of the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Flexible execution able to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Project work experience in the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry.
- Experienced in writing proposals.
- Supervisory experience with engineering teams
- Extensive experience with pipeline system design, construction, and federal/state regulatory jurisdictions.
- Experience executing projects from templated designs is considered an asset.
- Past experience supervising 5-10 other engineering staff/project teams.
- Experience with Canadian jurisdictions and their various acts and regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to mentor and desire to encourage junior staff.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Travel to field locations in Alberta and BC may be required.
Education and Experience Minimum 15 years of crude oil pipeline and associated facilities design experience. Minimum 5 years of consulting engineering experience as a Project Manager required. - Professional Engineering P.Eng, or P.L.(Eng) designation may be an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top