Project Manager, Buildings (Healthcare or Higher-Education)
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking an Owner's Representative, Project Manager based out of our Rochelle Park, NJ office to support project work in North Jersey.
You will support the design and construction of healthcare/higher education/institutional expansion and renovation projects. The projects will be in various phases from conceptual planning stages through design, construction and occupancy; and range in various complexities and total project costs of several Million to $100+M.
The typical Program and Project Management client structure includes a Principal or Project Executive paired with a Project Director and/or Project Manager (and Assistant Project Manager if required) so our clients benefit from layered support and executive involvement which correlates into a greater level of service we provide for our clients. This structure allows the Project Manager to lead the team and day to day activities, while having a support structure of Stantec Program and Project Management Executives. Project Managers have autonomy and are empowered to lead project teams, while having access to executive oversight when required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage one or multiple healthcare, higher education or commercial expansion projects as an Owner's Representative. Managing the approved scope, budget and schedule are of utmost importance.
- Communicate daily with the client and project team.
- Lead the Design Team consisting of the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner and other consultants.
- Provide day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Prepare and distribute meeting notes to the project team.
- Lead the Construction Team on behalf of the owner.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Prepare Monthly Reports to Owner.
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- Understand and assist in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project.
- Assist and help manage/coordinate move and occupancy activities.
- Review and approve all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
- Traditionally reports to project executive or principal.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 5-8+ years of related experience
- A minimum of 3 years of managing projects as a project manager/owners representative
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or similar
- Project Management experience in healthcare buildings OR higher education buildings sector required (design-build and/or construction)
- Ability to interact well with internal clients, external clients, as well as in the field with subcontractors
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications
- General understanding of design and construction process and requirements
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and problem solving abilities
- Estimating experience is a plus
- Design-build projects preferred
- History of leading projects through collaborative approach preferred
Back to top