Project Manager, Buildings
- Toronto, Canada
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead? Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future- join us!
Stantec is seeking a Project Manager to be based in Toronto. As a Commercial Project Manager, you will be in a business critical role where you will guard against and minimize risks on Major Alternative Project Delivery (APD) Projects (Design-Build or PPP). This includes keeping our design team on schedule, on budget while meeting the scope and requirements of our contractor clients. You will take on Stantec's largest Buildings projects, having great exposure and visibility to senior management to accelerate your career.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage our financial and contractual position on major APD design projects.
- During the pursuit phase, assist in the development of the design schedule and budget for the project.
- Negotiate contractual terms with our contractor clients during the teaming and pursuit phases so that our interests are protected and risk is minimized.
- Assist in the management of the project controls team to obtain essential project information for management decisions. Develop project reporting to client and internal leadership teams which includes financial forecasts, earned value, staffing needs, schedule forecast, risk analysis and revenue recognition.
- Manage subcontractors/subconsultants.
- Develop and negotiate change orders in a timely fashion.
- Ensure proper documentation contractual notices are in place to ensure the company's commercial and contractual position is being protected.
- Maintain good relationships with the Contractor and end-user clients for repeat business.
- Manage against liquidated damages or potential and actual claims from Contractor. Formulate and implement a claims strategy when necessary.
- Assist in project staff education of the risks associated with the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Project Management experience on construction projects valued at $250MM minimum
- Sound knowledge and experience in all commercial and contractual aspects.
- Possess extremely strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated with good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to cope with demanding schedule and lead / co-ordinate a multi-disciplinary team.
- Willingness to travel approximately 50%
- Experience in Design-Build or Public Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Project experience to include Buildings
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, or similar.
- 10 years Project Management experience
- Preferred: 15-20 years of experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000V8
Back to top