The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
At Stantec, we believe design extends beyond the elements that define space. At its best, design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors, and lends purpose and meaning to our activities. If that resonates and you have a passion for managing projects in the commercial, building repositioning and healthcare sectors we encourage you to submit your qualifications. Join our team of creative professionals to work with us to inspire others.
The Washington DC studio of Stantec Architecture, a national leader in commercial & healthcare architecture, building repositioning and workplace thought, design, and practice, is seeking a senior-level Project Manager to work with local and regional leadership to design great projects, grow the practice, and have a positive and profound impact on the communities we serve.
Your Key Responsibilities
A Project Manager at Stantec is a licensed professional chiefly responsible for delivering design excellence, engaging clients, and providing leadership for project teams. Managing the approved scope, budget and schedule are of utmost importance. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate mastery of these compulsories while at the same time having a passion for mentoring the next generation of architects and designers, leveraging design to enhance innovation, instilling a sustainable mindset, and growing our business through presentations, interviews, and cultivation of client relationships.
In addition, Project Managers at Stantec work closely with studio leadership and Project Principals and are responsible for:
- Participating in all phases of project delivery
- Developing, managing, and monitoring internal work plans, project schedules, and budgets;
- Determining staffing needs and recommending project personnel;
- Monitoring internal and external measures on project performance and project goals;
- Promoting industry standards and best practices in terms of project management and design including, importantly, sustainable design;
- Preparing and reviewing contracts, proposals, and consultant agreements;
- Maintaining positive client relationships and cultivating client satisfaction;
- Participating in business development and new project pursuits;
- Assisting in recruiting;
- Mentoring junior staff to increase planning, design, and management capacity in them and the studio;
- Growing studio's base of knowledge by sharing expertise through presentations to the studio and region;
Your Capabilities and Credentials
A Project Manager at Stantec is a licensed architect with a minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects. As can be inferred from the list of responsibilities, s/he must be passionate about healthcare, commercial, building repositioning and workplace design; proficient in REVIT and other design/documentation software; have copious experience with project financials; an excellent communicator (verbal, written, drawing); be well-versed in a host of applicable codes and regulations; be well-versed in systems and materials, means and methods, and industry standards; able to rigorously adhere to management and design best practices including best practices in sustainable design; able to mentor junior staff and grow the professional capacity of the studio and region; and willing to collaborate with leadership to market the firm and develop business. At his/her best, a Project Manager at Stantec is task-driven, well-organized, open-minded and curious, an effective leader and communicator, a rigorous thinker, and accountable to his/her team, firm leadership, and, ultimately, the project and client.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field & Registered Architect. Minimum of 7-8 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
- Professionally accredited degree in architecture or equivalent;
- Architectural license;
- Ability to meet NCARB requirements for licensure in other states
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-District Of Columbia-Washington
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002S6
Back to top