Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Based out of the Wyomissing, PA office, this Project Manager is one of a number of Project Manager(s) that manage assigned tasks in support of key business critical projects while reporting to the Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) or Manager of Projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The Project Managers are the primary point of contact between Stantec and the client and are responsible for preparation of project plans, management of work in progress (WIP), cost control, schedule, management of the coordination of the project engineering and technical support staff and management of project scope, including negotiation of scope changes with the client.
- They are responsible for ensuring Stantec's Project Management Framework is followed, including project reporting, management of project value versus project percent complete, and quality control/quality assurance procedures.
- In addition the Project Manager is responsible to ensure that proper Stantec Design Practices are followed as they relate to their Practices/Disciplines deliverables and they act as a focal point for the Stantec Project Practice/Discipline Team Members.
- On larger projects, a Project Engineer may be assigned to coordinate engineering activities and report directly to the PM.
- The Stantec Project Manager(s) provides leadership and decision making for the successful completion of Project activities the Client has contracted Stantec to supply.
- They are responsible for coordinating the Peer reviews of said tasks including, third party Practice/Discipline quality review of deliverables.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Effective Knowledge:This is a position that requires broad general knowledge of electrical industrial and utility power projects, including strong familiarity with other disciplines required for completion of such projects, including Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, environmental remediation of construction sites, Surveying and Geomatics, and permitting as well as electrical disciplines such as Protection and Controls, load studies, short circuit analysis, harmonic analysis, grounding studies and design, cable thermal studies, voltage profile studies, arc flash analysis, and SCADA systems. Manager shall exhibit originality in providing innovative, practical and economical solutions. Manager will demonstrate broad technical knowledge and experience in multiple areas of specialization and/or business operations management within the organization. Thorough knowledge of organizational directives, programs, standards and administrative procedures is required. Demonstrated knowledge of renewable energy project design and development, including wind and solar, is desirable.
- Accountability & Complexity: Plans, conducts and directs complex assignments with a high degree of independence. Assignments/projects are complex in nature and require the application of broad engineering knowledge in multiple disciplines. Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of major initiatives/programs and projects that help shape the future direction of the organization. Reviews and evaluates technical work of other professionals. Must be willing and able to travel to industrial worksites to support project work.
- Leadership & Teamwork:Manager provides advice, direction, coaching and mentoring to other professionals and technical staff. He/she (throughout) contributes to annual employee Career Development & Performance Review (CDPR) process. He/She participates in decisions made concerning the selection, training, evaluation, discipline, and advancement of staff. Manager must exhibit leadership in one or more of the following specializations: business development, technical expertise, design, project management/client management or operations management.
- Communication: Manager communicates and explains facts, practices, policies, procedures and context on project/program development to internal and external clients. Position requires effective negotiation skills to define contract terms. Manager must foster effective working relationships between colleagues, associates, clients and officials. Also must provide expertise to internal and external clients to resolve complex problems and issues.
- Supervision Received: Manager will work with broad technical or operational authority receiving peer guidance, control and administrative direction.
- Supervision Exercised:Provides direction, reviews and evaluates work, delegates authority, and issues instructions and other guidelines. He makes recommendations and/or decisions concerning staff selection, training and performance review. Position requires supervisory and business operations knowledge and demonstrated success.
Education & Experience
Minimum education requirement of a university degree in applied science or engineering with additional training in industrial and/or electrical utility engineering.
Typically requires a minimum of 10 - 15 years of related experience and a professional license in their discipline or a PMP registration.
Experience on Utility or Power projects is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Job: Project Management
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: MIG-33247
Back to top