The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us! Your Opportunity Our Toronto office is seeking Project Managers with extensive experience in large complex projects (Healthcare, Commercial, Retail, Aviation, Transportation, Education, and Justice) to join our multidisciplinary team.
Your Key Responsibilities Project/Practice Management:
- Creates and executes project execution plans, including work plans, resource plans, risk management plans, etc.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Prepares monthly executive reports for the GTA Market leaders and Managing leaders
- Assumes responsibilities (in partnership with the assigned principal) for technical and design excellence
- Ensures project documents, including contracts and additional service requests are approved, and filed in accordance with Stantec processes and procedures.
- Updates project financials on a regular basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) using Stantec's proprietary tools
- Manages project budget and schedule including tracking and reporting of team hours and expenses
- Determines appropriate revenue/gross margin recognition and analyzes bill rates and utilization targets for project teams
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing and monitors receivables and collection of invoices
- Facilitates and holds regular team and client meetings
- Keeps project team well informed of changes and updates
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to the GTA Market Leader, Managing Leader, and Project Principal
- Delivers engaging, formative, well-organized presentations both verbally and in writing
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information
- Mentors and inspires project team members
- Manages team development by aligning project tasks e with capabilities and career interests
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Remains engaged and knowledgeable regarding emerging industry practices
- Complies with and helps to enforce Stantec policies and procedures
- Actively supports Stantec's Safer Together and Safety programs and is required to complete all Health and Safety documentation
- Effectively utilizes each team members to his/her fullest potential
- Motivates team to work together efficiently
- Mitigates team conflict and communication challenges
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates team members and their contributions
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members, peers, and clients
- Plans and facilitates team activities that promote Stantec's Safer Together Program
- Possesses general understanding of core and shell and interiors design and construction
- Possesses understanding of Stantec capabilities
- Regularly seeks continuing education opportunities to increase knowledge base
- Manages day-to-day client interaction, evaluates and manages client expectations
- Seeks opportunities to increase client satisfaction and develops lasting relationships with clients
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs, evaluates alternative solutions, and delivers value added services
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization, and objectives
- Identifies business development and additional service opportunities for all Stantec disciplines as they relate to a specific project, program, or client Engages in proposal efforts, including completing project scoping and pricing
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum of 15 years' experience
- Professional designation and/or PMP preferred
Bachelor or Master's degree in project management, architecture, engineering, interior design, or equivalent in work experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top