Project Manager, Architecture
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
The Buildings Group is comprised of approximately 3,600 staff, in six countries and over 100 offices. The ongoing success of Stantec's Buildings Group is highly dependent on the quality and performance of our leaders working collectively across all disciplines and leadership levels.
You will lead a team of professionals in the design and construction of medium scale healthcare projects in various sectors, including Architecture and Buildings Engineering. The projects will be in various phases from conceptual planning, through design, construction, and occupancy.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects as an Owner's Representative. Managing the approved scope, budget and schedule are of utmost importance.
- Communicates daily with the client and project team.
- Lead the Design Team consisting of the Architect, Engineers and other consultants.
- Day-to-day project oversight and communication with the client and project team.
- Distribute meeting notes to the project team.
- Lead the Construction Team on behalf of the owner.
- Develop, track, update, forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project.
- Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
- Prepare monthly reports to owner.
- Assist in plan reviews and inspections.
- Understand and assist in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project.
- Review and approval all invoices and change orders associated with the project.
- Evaluate, advise on and assist in resolving disputes and claims.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
- Estimating experience is an asset.
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications.
- General understanding of design and construction process and requirements.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
Education and Experience
Degree in Architecture or other related field. 15 years of experience in Architecture or equivalent experience. Experience working on large healthcare projects and P3 projects is considered an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003JA
Back to top