Project Manager - Architecture
Your Opportunity Through our architecture and interior design work, Stantec Architecture challenges design ideas of the past to create environments that inspire, foster a culture of collaboration and community. We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space - good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design environments that are meaningful and memorable for our communities.
Our project types currently include college and university facilities, pre-K thru 12 schools, science and technology buildings, workplace/commercial, mixed-use, hospitality, healthcare and multi-family housing.
In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, engineers, project managers, interior designers and planners who work together to create innovative, integrated and sustainable solutions. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring, well-crafted environments.
Your Duties Stantec is currently seeking a full time, licensed Project Manager based out of our Berkley, MI office. The Project Manager will possess a demonstrated ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project, and will be responsible for the success of new construction and renovation projects.
- Leads, coordinates and is accountable for the activities of project staff; inspires and motivates; assigns decision making tasks and work functions to appropriate individuals
- Responsible for management of the internal project team and the external project consultant team
- Offers and supports creative design decisions that are in line with project goals and understands their impact on cost, construction, sustainability and other factors
- Adheres to established internal and external sustainability requirements
- Provides direction and feedback to help employees succeed on the project and to develop professionally; ensures individuals needing special attention receive it
- Represents Stantec and is responsible for all communications with the client for the duration of the project; understands the client's organization, key people, sensitivities, issues, expectations, etc.
- Communicates with Stantec senior leaders and accounting representatives relative to project status and performance
- Provides marketing support, including proposal and presentation preparation/presentation
- Prepares and enforces the contract representing the written expression of the client's expectations and the firm's commitments, including scope, schedule, fee and goals
- Solicits and encourages input from entire team consistent with search for the best solution
- Sets project sustainability requirements and tracks accordingly
- Understands and implements best practices as described in our PM Manual
- Responsible for invoicing, payments and accounts receivable tracking with accounting
- Sets and maintains the project schedule and communicates to the broader team
- Ensures project is meeting QA/QC standards; ensures required sign off and client approvals occur
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Accredited degree in support of an Architectural license required
- Architectural or Engineering license required
- Minimum 10 years architectural experience
- NCARB or NCEES certification is preferred
- LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred
- Excels in the art of documenting how the project is to be constructed, using BIM as a tool.
- Understands relationship between design goals and technical constraints and executes accordingly
- General knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards
- General understanding of accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes
- Ability to oversee development of building documentation in modeling/drafting software (Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup)
- Strong experience with general business and industry software (MS Office suite, etc.)
- Ability to check work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage team to meet project budget and schedule
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with client and project team members
- Workplace and Commercial experience preferred
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top