Project Manager, Architecture
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
You will be the project manager for our largest workplace account, functioning as the client's main point of contact. You will coordinate, manage and oversee a team to ensure we deliver the exceptional work on which we've built our practice. You will be required to balance multiple requests and project deadlines in a fast-paced, fun and dynamic environment. Your role is vital to the success of our practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on medium to large sized projects.
- Plans, organizes and directs the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Acts as primary point of contact for client, funneling all requests to the team.
- Keeps Principal in Charge informed of progress on project expectations, deadlines and deliverables.
- Leads the client and project team to assure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Assists in the negotiation and development of project agreements.
- Develops and manages project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Assures that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Leads project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and /or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Manages and tracks change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Works with Operations Manager in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
- Directs client invoicing and effectively manages collections.
- Oversee delegation of appropriate tasks across team members; support and grow project team members' depth an breadth of experience.
- Participate in open dialogue to promote and champion design and technical excellence.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Capable of simultaneously supporting one or more Principal's in Charge on multiple projects.
- Thorough understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Takes direction well, however, proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Effective negotiator and communicator.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma; Prefer experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field. Minimum of 8 years of experience. Prefer licensed Architect.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Design Coordinator
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900029A
Back to top