Project Manager Administrative Assistant
Your Opportunity: As 3,000 Environmental Services staff covering 20 technical specialties, we know what to look for and we know how to get the job done-the right way. A national team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions to often complex environmental issues. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking a Project Manager Administrative Assistant to provide support on a variety of environmental consulting projects. This position will be part of Stantec's Environmental Services team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address a variety of assessment, design, permitting, and compliance monitoring requirements. Our staff scientists, engineers and environmental planners have established excellent working relationships with both private- and public-sector clientele throughout the mid-Atlantic.
Your Duties: The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Project Managers (PM) in the management of various environmental projects
- Track and manage project schedules, assignments, and data
- Assist with the setup and filing of project files
- Help draft reports and other correspondence documents
- Track the processing of incoming and outgoing project documents
- Arrange and schedule project meetings, identify potential conflicts and work collaboratively with others to resolve them.
- Assist PM teams with project invoicing, accounts receivable and sub consultant tracking
- Assist PM with review of project time for accuracy
- Perform other duties as requested.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- 1-3 years of administrative experience
- Certification or Associates' degree from technical school or college in related field and experience in a professional office environment or equivalent combination of education and experience. Please note that a B.A./B.S. degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Environmental Studies, or comparable work experience is beneficial, but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to deftly manipulate data within spreadsheets and database systems
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- The ideal candidate has the ability to work with initiative, professionalism and confidentiality, and is able to work independently, multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment
- Has demonstrated the following:
- Detail-oriented and ability to organize and prioritize a diverse array of assignments and duties
- Initiative in problem detection and resolution
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top