Your Opportunity Projects, when successfully delivered, can strengthen client organizations and the communities they serve. By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our business, technical, and project management experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives-without surprises. We've managed thousands of projects across all sectors, including buildings like hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments like mines and wind farms. Join a team of program and project management specialists that are passionate about achieving predictable project outcomes for clients and communities.
Your Duties We are seeking a dynamic individual to assume Project Manager role within Stantec's aviation practice. The role will be based at our client's office in Toronto, Ont, the Project Manager is responsible for:
- Act as the owner's representative in all aspects of the project(s);
- Become familiar with, and adhere to the client's corporate business, financial, and communication controls requirements;
- Act as the main contact for all client requests, reviews, approvals, schedules, communications as well as project closure;
- Liaise closely with client's stakeholders;
- Assist and provide responses to contractor RFIs (Requests for Information) and/or decisions deemed as impacting either cost, schedule or quality where necessary, and coordinate the distribution of the responses to between Stantec, contractor and client;
- Organize and chair coordination meetings;
- Work closely with, and coordinate with design team for preparation of all requirements of project design;
- Prepare general scope of work, RFP, or tender documents for the purposes of procuring various tenders;
- Monitor, and report on construction progress and to develop project master schedule and its monthly updates;
- Assist with permit applications and approvals, to authorities having jurisdiction and regulatory agencies' requirements;
- Coordinate commissioning and follow the client's turn over process;
- Oversee the contractor's implementation of the health and safety program; and
- Integrate with client's team on the site.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Degree or Diploma in project management, engineering, architecture or a related discipline;
- 10-15 years of related project management experience in construction projects, with a minimum 3 years in airport aviation sector;
- Experience acting as Owner Representative PM;
- Require experience in construction phase of projects;
- Experience with Board of Directors would be considered an asset;
- Ability to give direction and to coordinate activities with different stakeholders internally and externally;
- Process oriented with proven track record at establishing Project Management and Project Controls processes and procedures;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other project management degree/certification is desirable;
- Advanced interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills;
- Capability to provide comprehensive progress reports to stakeholders; and
- Experience with team building, leadership and holding the team accountable.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top