As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross- country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the Oil & Gas team in our Alaska offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be the client interface and primary point of communication.
- Enforce Stantec and Client safety, and quality standards, on a project level.
- Provide overall project management from engineering through to completion of construction to meet client and project specific requirements.
- Prepares and maintains project execution plans and ensures compliance with project plans and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate the project engineering team for the execution of the design of projects.
- Ensures project compliance with Stantec 10-point project management framework.
- Promotes quality, value, timeliness, and profitability.
- Review key project deliverables for technical feasibility and to ensure multi-discipline engineering documents are cohesive.
- Identify project resources needed and communicate needs to applicable department personnel.
- Provide overall risk management reporting at the portfolio and project level. - Approve and develop DBM, Scope documents, Work Breakdown Structures, Project Code Accounts, and Framing documents.
- Coordinate key meetings or review points.
- Ensure local, State and federal codes and standards are being met.
- Manage project controls
- Develop and refine throughout, Project Cost Estimates, including a Basis of Estimate.
- Develop, maintain, and track progress against Master Project Schedule.
- Manage Project Cost Control, budget vs. actual, and implement change management activities accordingly.
- Monitor assess and report progress within the projects to client and develop applicable project reports accordingly.
- Working with the Project Engineer, oversee and coordinate the preparation of engineering work scope and cost estimations.
- Working with the Project Engineer, provide direction to Procurement for planning: vendor selection, prepare and issue request for quotations, vendor bid evaluations and selection, equipment.
- Alongside the Project Engineer ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Function as designated contract liaison with client on project contract performance and delivery.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for projects
- Follow up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Works closely with Construction management team and provide overall guidance and mentorship throughout the construction phase
- Works with supply chain on development of scopes of work and contractual document for bidding out construction services.
- Promote the HSE program throughout all phases of the project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Flexible execution able to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Project work experience in the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry is an asset.
- Experience with infrastructure installations such as camps, roads and water works is also an asset.
- Experienced in writing proposals.
- Extensive experience with pipeline system design, construction, and federal/state regulatory jurisdictions.
- Past experience supervising 5-10 other engineering staff/project teams.
- Experience with US jurisdictions and their various acts and regulations most notably those that pertain to Alaska.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Travel to field locations throughout Alaska
Education and Experience
Minimum 8 years of crude oil pipeline and associated facilities design experience. Minimum 5 years of consulting engineering experience as a Project Manager required. Professional Engineer (PE) designation is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900039A
Back to top