As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
The PM/CM is responsible to ensure the work is completed on time, on budget, and in accordance with safety, environmental, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements. Monitoring the day-to-day construction management activities while supporting the Contractors management team, the PM/CM supports project execution objectives. Acting as the primary liaison between the Contractor and CMI Team for construction, cost, and schedule issues, the PM/CM will support the Contractor to ensure that the technical requirements of the project are understood and achieved.
We are looking to fill this position for opportunities in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, and Ontario.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Developing and promoting a site culture of safety, environmental, quality and regulatory compliance.
- Supporting product realization and productivity by establishing a collective and inclusive CMI and Contractor dynamic.
- Lead and/or facilitate kick off, progress, environmental, safety, quality, socioeconomic, and other meetings.
- Interact with Contractor construction management team on a daily basis to proactively address issues and overcome challenges.
- Identify, communicate, and document project risks in the risk register.
- Work with the project costing group to ensure project controls are in place for cost and schedule.
- Monitor Contractor and CMI team performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly Construction progress reports as required.
- Participate in schedule and milestone development and tracking.
- Participate in the review of contractor schedules (this includes "look ahead scheduling" with the contractor to ensure overall project schedules are met).
- Ensure the Contractor and CMI team are supporting the overall project objectives.
- Identify and communicate social risks to the site security lead.
- Ensure construction deficiency lists and/or punchlists are generated and plans prepared to address deficiencies.
- Support commissioning and turnover to operations.
- Support project close out including claims resolution and lessons learned.
- Lead/facilitate construction kick off meetings with all contractors and internal stakeholders ensuring proper documented exchange of information and documented safety orientation.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspector Certification required for all pipeline positions, this is not a requirement when working on pumping stations or terminals.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills in use of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary and/or 15-20 years industry experience equivalent. Minimum of 10 years of industry experience on Major Project in a leadership role. High school & post-secondary education (preferred).
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003HP
Back to top