Your Opportunity: Stantec is one of the largest employers of full-time, experienced environmental professionals in the eastern United States. Our current staff includes specialists in wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrology, forestry, habitat restoration, marine biology, environmental permitting, and GIS. Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues proactively and professionally. We focus on hiring talented, enthusiastic, and hard-working individuals that have a keen interest in the natural sciences and a commitment to working in a team-based environment.
Your Duties: Stantec's Environmental Services practice seeks an experienced natural resources professional to provide project management, environmental regulatory and permitting support, and other services for a diverse array project types and clients. Project management responsibilities include project scoping and development of proposals; managing project staff, budgets, and development of deliverables; coordinating directly with project clients, stakeholders, and internal project staff; and performing and overseeing project technical work. Environmental regulatory and permitting responsibilities include identifying project-specific environmental regulatory requirements, coordinating with resource agency personnel, writing and reviewing technical reports and environmental permit applications, presenting at public meetings, and facilitating successful environmental permitting of multiple and varied projects. Additional responsibilities may include coordinating, conducting, and/or leading field work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Required skills and experience include:
- Bachelor's degree in the natural sciences, environmental policy, or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible consulting experience related to natural resource regulatory support and/or environmental planning;
- Significant experience with local, state and federal environmental regulations and permitting in Massachusetts, including experience with the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act, Public Waterfront Act (Chapter 91), Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act, the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act, and state- and federally listed species regulations and permitting;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Strong work ethic, sense of humor, high ethical standards and a desire for team success;
- Ability to perform fieldwork; and
- Willingness and ability to travel locally.
Desired skills and experience include:
- Significant experience working as an environmental consultant, responsible for environmental regulatory coordination, in the greater Boston and Cape Cod areas.
- Technical specialization and expertise in the field(s) of wetland science, botany, and/or wildlife biology;
- Experience conducting wetland delineations;
- Experience conducting construction observation; and
- Project management experience.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top