MWH Constructors (MWHC), a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities, is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to support water/wastewater treatment facility construction projects throughout the Western United States. This position will be based initially in our Broomfield, CO corporate headquarters.
The Project Manager is accountable for providing direction and leadership associated with assigned, self-performed and subcontractor activities. The PM must ensure work is performed on budget, on schedule, in accordance with MWHC policy and all engineering standards..
1. Plan, organize and staff key field positions or subordinate project managers. Coordinate staffing with US Operations and other Area department heads.
2. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
3. Initiate and maintain liaison with prime client and A/E contacts, to facilitate preconstruction and construction activities.
4. Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site construction managers and superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
5. Represent Company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
6. Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
7. Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the MWHC Management Administration Plan prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
8. Assure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
9. Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
10. Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
11. Procurement of materials thru Purchase Agreements and Contracts.
12. Support Change Management, Cost Estimating, revenue and Cost Forecasting and Scheduling.
14. Assume additional responsibilities as directed by District Director.
Back to top