Project Management Intern
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Your Opportunity As a Project Management Intern, you will report through a Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager on one or various projects. This is an opportunity to work in a team environment and have exposure to clients, design and construction team members, program and project management processes, and strong project leaders. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken engineering, construction, or business management courses.
At the completion of the internship, the candidate will have learned through practical experience, expert supervision, and on-job training where they will be introduced to a wide variety of consulting activities. This internship requires ambition to broaden your education and an eagerness to gain the knowledge and tools to advance your career.
Stantec is seeking a Project Management Intern, based in Philadelphia, PA to primarily support Buildings projects. This role will be for the Summer of 2019.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Management: Perform project management activities, budget / schedule management, team coordination activities, tracking and communication of day to day progression of a project, preparation of meeting minutes, review / tracking of contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors, assisting in the preparation of various project reports;
- Field Work: Conduct field observations and data gathering as necessary under the supervision of the project manager;
- Project Coordination: Participate in multi-disciplinary teams on projects among Stantec staff, the client, design / construction staff and other parties;
- Communication: Interact daily with the Construction Team on behalf of the owner (This includes but is not limited to attendance at construction meetings, review of on-site construction progress, assistance with conflict resolution between project team members etc.).
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software;
- Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications;
- General understanding of design and construction process and requirements;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction;
- Good organizational skills and problem-solving abilities;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience with e-Builder is a plus.
Related coursework or previous internship in engineering, project / construction management, or architecture is a plus.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top