Project Management Assistant
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity The Project Management Administrator works in conjunction with the Project Managers to create and manage the day to day administration, invoicing, earned value management, scheduling, Accounts Receivable/Payable, insurance, progress reporting and baseline versus actual cost accounting and scheduling of the project. This role will work directly with Project Managers, however will require independent work styles. Project support to a variety of engineering and planning projects in the public works infrastructure, buildings and facilities, dams and hydropower and environmental services sectors.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist with creating and maintaining baseline schedule and calculate impacts to the project milestones
- Assist with creating and maintaining project resourcing and staffing plans, project contracting, project setup and baseline budgeting
- Update project schedules to provide variance analysis from baseline
- Work with Project Managers to determine revenue and cost forecasts and schedule management for deliverables and milestones
- Review and Analysis of subconsultant schedules and cost management
- Establish key performance indicators of forecast accuracy
- Assist in developing and maintaining risk registers, decision logs, document preparation, presentation graphics, technical specifications and other project related documentation
- Work within an existing document management system
- Establish reporting to determine labor and productivity performance statistics
- Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded
- Assist with invoice development, lien releases and project accounting
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all expenditures including labor and other direct costs up to the closure of the project
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work
- Attend project meetings and discussions with Project Manager and design teams
- Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management's review monthly to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget
- Provide cost and schedule monitoring, control and planning advice to the Project Managers as and when required
- Technically strong in project accounting, invoicing, scheduling and reporting
- Technically strong in scientific and technical writing and communications
- Familiarity in working within a consulting engineering environment and in an professional office setting
- Solid proven organizational, time management, and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task is required
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills; can effectively interact with all levels of management
- Must currently possess or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of Microsoft Project, Oracle and Microsoft Office 365 suite of software.
- Strong PC skills such as MS Project, Microsoft Suite, Scheduling, and financial system software is highly advantageous
- Work independently as well as in teams, in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top