Stantec employs more than 22,000 engineers, geologists, science and construction professionals globally. As specialists in water and natural resources, Stantec employees innovate ideas and technology to solve complex infrastructure and environmental challenges.
The Stantec internship program is a great opportunity for students to prep for a career in environmental sciences/engineer while getting paid. It's an opportunity to build relationships with experts by learning from respected individuals in the industry, and be placed in a program that can help students connect their studies into a new context, the business environment.
Stantec is currently looking to add an Internship position in our Denver, Colorado office location. We are looking to add an intern starting immediately and running through the summer of 2018. The primary responsibilities for this role may include:
• Working on a team to conduct investigations for reclamation design and construction projects.
• Assist staff in their day-to-day work including administrative tasks, helping with scheduling, budgeting and execution of current projects, creating, modeling and reviewing data using computer applications, data mining of historical documents, and other project related tasks.
• Interpretation of field data for incorporation in site designs and recommendations.
• Participate in environmental evaluations, subsurface investigations, and environmental engineering design for civil projects.
• Perform calculations, assist in report preparation and other related activities.
• Other responsibilities and goals as defined by the position supervisor.
• In progress toward earning a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental or Civil engineering, Environmental Science, or similar related science, with a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate coursework in college
• Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following: Environmental science, planning, design, or construction.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
• Anticipated work hours a minimum of 10 hours through the spring semester, moving to 40 hours per week during the summer.
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email [email protected]
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top