Project Engineer/Planner (Stormwater)
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Your Opportunity Join our team in our Richmond, VA office as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential. Stantec has an immediate need for a Stormwater Engineer/Planner in our Environmental Services group. Stantec is a leader in the stormwater industry with a deep bench of both local and national expertise. Our strong MS4 team continues to grow, so it is an exciting time to join us as we continue our success and create more opportunities for our staff's growth and development. If you have the high-quality stormwater expertise that we embrace and want to contribute to the industry in an impactful way, join our team!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform the design and evaluation of stormwater facilities and strategies.
- Perform credit analysis of BMPs for TMDL Credit using regulatory guidance.
- Use of relational geospatial databases to update and report on MS4 data.
- Assist in the development of TMDL Action Plans and stormwater master planning.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of MS4 Program Plans and associated documents.
- Assist with inspection of BMPs, municipal facilities, and outfalls.
- Perform life-cycle analysis on BMPs.
- Model watershed characteristics using geospatial tools.
- Perform data mining and data analysis to guide and support decision-making.
- Assist in the development of presentations to communicate project information.
- Conduct peer and quality reviews on all applicable projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Prior experience in GIS required.
- Knowledge of intermediate to advanced civil and environmental engineering techniques.
- Knowledge of stormwater planning and engineering.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and hydrology analysis and modeling.
- Knowledge of water quality assessments and treatment.
- Knowledge of Total Maximum Daily Loads and Waste Load Allocations.
- Knowledge of Virginia Stormwater Management Program.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Skill in geospatial analyses.
- Skill in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Access).
- Skill in Virginia MS4 Permit compliance.
- Skill in technical writing and verbal communication.
- Ability to travel within Virginia on a daily basis on short notice.
- Ability to present to small groups on wide range of projects.
- Ability to walk 2-4 miles per day in rough terrain and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a highly automated design office environment.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and positive manner, both in writing and in person, with clients, employees and visitors.
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with clients and engineers.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license. Prior to employment with Stantec, the candidate will be required to successfully pass drug/alcohol screening.
Bachelor of Science (minimum) in Civil, Water Resources, Biological Systems, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Planning, Environmental Science, or other closely related degree required.
Master of Science degree in similar fields preferred.
Experience supporting MS4 clients required.
Professional Licensure (P.E.) or ability to obtain within 6 months highly preferred, but not required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top