Project Engineering Manager
Your Opportunity Our Mining group works with some of the world's largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods / mine development and complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, and mine ventilation. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Your Duties Our Sudbury, Ontario Mining group has a need for a Project Engineering Manager to serve various clients including EPC Teams for underground and surface mining operations.
Roles & Responsibilities Include:
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- You are expected to understand and work according to the requirements of the Stantec Safety As an Engineering Manager, you are expected to make a personal commitment toward preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in our employees' work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our ultimate goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its
- Ensure all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructibility problems prior to issue to This includes being a champion of Stantec's Prevention through Design program.
- You will manage and direct a team of engineers and designers in the planning and execution of project work including scoping, asset integrity assessments, feasibility studies, detailed engineering and technical support during construction and
- You will regularly interface with the Client on project technical issues, and will be responsible for identifying and communicating value opportunities, risks and mitigation to the project team and/or Client as applicable.
- You will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, evaluating, and adjusting engineering processes on projects. This includes confirmation that mandated quality control steps are being followed, including Stantec's Prevention Through Design and Hazard/Constructibility Review programs.
- You will be responsible for owning, monitoring, and reporting on engineering budget, progress, managing to engineering/procurement/construction schedules, and driving change management processes as they relate to engineering and design.
- You will be responsible for the completion of all project engineering deliverables on schedule in accordance with corporate and project processes and standards, while ensuring that multi-disciplinary interfaces are correct and complete.
- You will provide and/or coordinate engineering involvement in procurement & construction work packages, including scopes of supply/work, technical bid evaluations, recommendations to award, vendor/contractor data review and responses to RFIs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the ideal candidate, you have:
- Experience with leading the production of engineering document and drawing packages, and a comprehensive understanding of associated quality and document control methods.
- 15-20 years of engineering, design, and construction experience in heavy industry, particularly surface or underground mining, with 3 or more years' experience managing engineering/design teams working on major projects.
- A Professional Engineering license in one or more Canadian jurisdictions (province of Ontario preferred).
- Excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and familiarity with Mine Health and Safety.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere including involvement in technical business.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and project engineering.
- Strong mentoring skills and desire to encourage and coach junior staff.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel to client sites or other Stantec offices (~10% travel)
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top