Project Engineer - Water Wastewater
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
An opportunity exists within Stantec's Florida-Water Sector for a highly motivated Civil Engineer with experience involving the design of water and wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection systems, and water supply and transmission systems. The Project Engineer will assist with projects in our Naples, FL location.
- Perform conveyance system planning, analysis and design.
- Prepare technical reports and planning studies regarding conveyance systems, water treatment, wastewater treatment and stormwater control facilities.
- Coordinate and lead multi-discipline design teams for a variety of small to large municipal /civil engineering projects such as conveyance, treatment, site development, etc.
- Assist in the development of project scope of services, deliverables, budgets, schedules and forecasts.
- Engage sub consultants and oversee and assist in the development of their work products, schedules and performance.
- This position also requires the ability to handle significant project responsibilities, client and government agency coordination, and to effectively work with other Stantec team members regardless of office location.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- B.S. in civil engineering, hydrology or related field, M.S. a plus.
- Registered PE or the ability to obtain preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience required.
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite
- Collaborative team environment, attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, willingness to travel, positive attitude, desire to support team success, and ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Auto CAD skills are desirable and a plus
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top