Project Engineer - Water Infrastructure
Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec's Water group has an opportunity for a Project Engineer with 10 years of water infrastructure experience to be based out of our Cincinnati office.
Your Duties: Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operation and Management of a local client's Sewer Backup/Basement Flooding Design & Implementation
- Project Management
- Residential Surveys and Community Meetings
- Field Investigations, Property/System Assessment and Alternative Solutions
- Design Improvements (Grinder/Ejector Pumps, Check/Backflow valves)
- Construction Monitoring
- Personnel Coordination (internal staff and subconsultants)
Additional Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Water infrastructure planning studies including Master Servicing Plans (water, storm & sanitary), Master Drainage Plans, Subwatershed Plans, and Wastewater Master Plans.
- Preparation of detailed studies, modeling and design of storm and wastewater collection systems, and stormwater management infrastructure (residential, commercial, transportation).
- Applying diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices, including advanced techniques, theory, precepts, and practices in the municipal engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
- Provide quality control and independent review of deliverables.
- Coach, mentor and assist junior staff in their career development.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- P.Eng. or eligibility for registration is highly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant post-graduation experience.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience with Civil 3D/AutoCAD models in support of municipal projects.
- Experience with hydraulic and hydrologic modeling is preferred, but not a requirement.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top