Project Engineer - Water
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity Our business is booming on the Carolinas, and an opportunity exists within Stantec's North Carolina Water Sector for a highly motivated Project Engineer with experience involving the design of water and wastewater treatment facilities, wastewater collection systems, and water supply and transmission systems. The Project Engineer will assist be based in Asheville, NC and will work on projects throughout the Carolinas and the Southeast.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform conveyance system planning, analysis and design.
- Prepare technical reports and planning studies regarding conveyance systems, water treatment, wastewater treatment and stormwater control facilities.
- Coordinate and lead multi-discipline design teams for a variety of small to large municipal /civil engineering projects such as conveyance, treatment, site development, etc.
- Assist in the development of project scope of services, deliverables, budgets, schedules and forecasts.
- Engage sub consultants and oversee and assist in the development of their work products, schedules and performance.
- This position also requires the ability to handle significant project responsibilities, client and government agency coordination, and to effectively work with other Stantec team members regardless of office location.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite
- Collaborative team environment, attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills, willingness to travel, positive attitude, desire to support team success, and ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Auto CAD skills are desirable and a plus.
- Municipal water and wastewater background.
Education and Experience Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
Licensed Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain licensure..
Minimum of 5 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top