Project Engineer, Substation
Your Opportunity: Our Power group understands the challenges of the power sector in meeting worldwide demand for clean, efficient energy in the midst of financial, strategic, and regulatory uncertainty. Within our positive team environment, our employees enjoy great career advancement opportunities and the chance to work on a variety of projects including renewable energy, transmission and utility routing right-of-way surveys, hydrologic/hydraulic assessments, distributed power, sustainable design/development, environmental mitigation and monitoring, pollution prevention, and air quality management. We provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties: The Project Engineer, Substation is the lead responsible for coordinating all aspects of HV substation engineering & design. The successful candidate has experience in the areas of substation design from the 25kV to 500kV levels, as well as an understanding of; substation components, physical engineering design, grounding and lightening studies & design, insulation coordination studies, development of single line diagrams, substation layout design and related electrical studies, rigid & strain bus design, planning, coordination, reporting, cost estimating. Experience of physical layout design. Responsible for managing A&Es for delivery of engineering package as per schedule and within budget.
This role will be located at our client site located in Newark, NJ.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field with a minimum of 8 to 10 years related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of substation physical engineering & design packages
- Experience with site visits, ability to capture technical data needed for estimates and execution of related substation expansion projects
- Excellent communication and presentations skills demonstrating the ability to develop and maintain good client relationships and technical ability
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and develop strong internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Registered or eligible to become registered as a Professional Engineer
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top