Project Engineer - Land Development
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable. Your Opportunity Stantec's Salt Lake City office is seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer with municipal and land development experience. As a successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to plan, analyze and design land development projects within the Community Development market sector.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of designs for municipal land development projects.
- Development and delivery of calculations for site grading, establishment of utilities and roadways requirements for translation into working drawings.
- Develop and maintain positive & sustainable client relationships, as part of the team.
- Management of project contracts and financial documentation.
- Involvement in bid preparation including RFP, addenda, and tendering documentation.
- The oversight of drafting and design output from other engineers and drafting staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Utah.
- Licensed Professional Civil Engineer in the State of California a plus.
- Strong understanding of the land development planning and entitlement processes.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D for design purposes.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with minimal supervision.
- A self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- A commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Minimum 3 years' experience with a proven track record working on land development projects.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top